Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Golden Rule

I live in a fog. I have this unrealistic notion that people are kind to each other. I guess I have always thought that we should live like the Golden Rule. But the older I get the more I realize that some people were just not taught any better. I don't understand why people have to be so selfish, and they don't care who they hurt in the process. When Aaron was little we used to read the Bearenstein Bear Books. They always teach about morals. Morals that I hope that I can instill in my kids. I want my kids to put others feeling first. I want them to be good upstanding people in society. I want them to love the Lord. I guess what I have to realize is that I can't change people. I can only change myself. I think that I am going to work on that.

No comments: